London is considered as one of the most visited places in the world. It has a lot to offer. From the Big Ben to the London Eye, to Trafalgar Square to the Tower, places will surely make you feel the history of the place in a modern day. If you are planning to have a summer vacation, London is the best place to visit. You won’t definitely regret the experience once you get to know the history, people, culture and all the fascinating places you could find there. For the first-time visitors, it would be better to take a look at some things you might want to know in order to have the best stay in London.
London has lots of hotels that you can choose from. Hotel rates vary depending on the location. If you want to stay in the city, make sure that you have an extra budget for your hotel expenses. If you want to lessen your hotel expenses, try to search for hotels nearby the city.
London has underground or train that all link to the city. There are 10 major railway station terminals and there is a comprehensive public transport network of buses, tube trains and minicabs throughout the city. It would be better if you will make an online booking before travelling. They offer good transportation service with a very affordable price. It is the best option for new visitors.
London is packed with almost 55 top tourist attractions and sights which you can visit for free. These places could definitely make your schedule full.
- A visit to The Tower of London is a must for all visitors. It is complete with tales of historical drama, the Royal Armouries, the Crown Jewels and infamous Beefeaters.
- Visit the Tower Bridge Exhibition and you will not only learn about the history of the Bridge but you will also enjoy breathtaking views of London from the high-level walkways.
- The London Bridge experience is an attraction set within the arches of this historical bridge. The place features real life artists, spectacular special animations and effects.
- Don’t forget to visit the St. Paul’s Cathedral. It is the home to tombs of historical figures like the Duke of Wellington and Lord Nelson.
- Climb the 530 steps from cathedral floor to Golden Gallery that is also known as the Whispering Gallery and enjoy the panoramic views of the city.
- Kensington and Hampton Court Palaces are two of the most breathtaking and legendary palaces in London. Both of them got stunning gardens surrounding the royal residences. If you are with your entire family, never miss the chance of visiting the ZSL London Zoo. It features the popular Clore Rainforest and Gorilla Kingdom which both get you closer than ever to primates of South America and Africa.
London got the best theater in the world, music venues and cutting edge clubs where you can catch the most of the top bands and groups in the world.
These are just of the top reasons why London is considered as the best city in summer. Visit London today and rest assured that you will have a memorable summer vacation.